Home Economics is a field of study and a profession that draws from a range of disciplines to achieve optimal and sustainable living for individuals, families and communities. The central focus of home economics education is the wellbeing of people. It is about becoming independent, connecting with others and taking action towards preferred futures that support individual and family wellbeing. Through home economics education, students become empowered, active and informed members of society.
These main areas of study included in MSc Home Economics (Interior Design) are housing management, environmental and architectural aesthetics, functional space planning and CAD Designing.
GIFT University, a premier educational institution, offers MSc Home Economics, a 2 year program, with specialization in Interior Design.
The main objectives of Home economics are:
- To help students prepare themselves for home and family living.
- To apply knowledge of design principles in practical life.
- To integrate knowledge from areas of architecture, furnishing and furniture design.
- To prepare students for career and profession in different fields of Interior Design.
- Express the characteristics of an aesthetically pleasing built environment.
- Demonstrate the application of principles of art and design by using skills, techniques and materials related to drawing, painting, printmaking and ceramics.
- Apply the criteria for method and material selection in design projects.
- Apply the concept of 2D, 3D and colours in interior design projects by proposing space planning, interior finishes and material, furniture and fixtures as per user’s needs.
The MSc Home Economics (Interior Design) can explore their utility as
- Interior designer in furnishing industry.
- Furniture designer
- Interior designer in Media Houses
- Space planner in Event Management companies
- Exhibition designer
- The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed 14 years of education (BA / BSc or any other equivalent degree) with at least 2nd division.
- Relevant level NTS test is also acceptable for admissions.
Total Duration: 2 Years
Total Credit Hours: 69
Total Courses: 69
Corporate Internship: 3 Credit Hours
Project: 9 Credit Hours