The program provides:
- Strong foundation in Meat Production and Hygiene;
- Generates capability to concentrate in the major areas of meat production and hygiene;
- Develops innovative skills to handle independent tasks;
- Widens intellectual horizon to pursue further studies in the area of specialization.
The aim of this two year program leading to associated degree is to prepare the students in the areas of Meat Production and Hygiene. The halal meat segment has witnessed double digit growth in many meat categories and Pakistan’s chilled beef exports make up 95% of the chilled beef sector in many GCC countries. Lack of transparency, traceability and poor practices hinder growth despite the country having immense logistic and competitive advantages. This degree will offer guidelines to the participants related to adoption of international standards in meat production and ensuring safety and hygiene requirements are met. The course will help students learn the process of the meat value chain – from feedlot to plate.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- FSc. (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.
Courses in AD