The program provides:
- Strong foundation in Dairy Farming processes and production;
- Generates capability to concentrate in the major areas of dairy farming, production and marketing;
- Develops innovative skills to handle independent tasks;
- Widens intellectual horizon to pursue further studies in the area of specialization.
The aim of this two year program leading to associated degree is to prepare the students in the areas of Dairy Production and Processing. As over 90% of all dairy milk is sold unpackaged, the sector’s potential remains immense. The course will enable students to understand both the production process of dairy farming and ways to add value to milk by producing value added products. The AD program will also provide students the understanding in dairy marketing and retail.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- FSc. (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.
Courses in AD