The program provides:
- To nourish the design skills of a students by giving exposure the classical and contemporary design practices.
- To learn and practice the textile development techniques and encourage the experimental work.
- To enable student to draw, sketch and illustrate the products by learning classical and contemporary work.
- To learn and practice the modern digital designing tool and develop commercially viable deigns.
- To provide more comprehensive training from designing to final execution of proper constructed garment till the finishing process.
Fashion Design is a dynamic, exciting and challenging field which is gaining importance and momentum in our society. Every day that passes by, new brands, labels and companies are emerging which are not only limited to Women’s wear and Men’s wear, but Children wear, Shoe making, Jewelry making, Accessory and Gift making is increasingly becoming part of their growing business. The two year Associate Degree program is specially designed by particularly focusing on the design skills required in textile and fashion industry. The program will enable students to create and develop products by following professional procedures. School of Fine Art, Design and Architecture (SFADA) at GIFT University is one the prestigious Institutions in Pakistan, which is renowned for its excellence in Fashion Design studies.
The program prepares students to create and develop the fashion products with their innovative thinking. They will be able to develop textile prints, illustrate garments and construct products. Upon successful completion of the program, students can utilize these skills to acquire the positions of
- extile Design developer in textile mills.
- Design developer in embroidery units.
- Fashion illustrator in fashion brands.
- Designer developer for boutiques.
- Freelance designers, providing the garment sketches to customers.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- - Applicants who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination with science subjects (pre medical & pre engineering) with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- - Admission will be based upon the previous academic performance. Merit will be determined according to the following formula:
- Matric 20%
- Intermediate 50%
- Test 30 %
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.