Home Economics is the Lifestyle education which grooms its students to contribute for the betterment of society. Its objective is to make women more confident and stronger to play vital and effective role in uplift of family and community.
GIFT University, a premier educational institution offers Associate Degree in Home Economics (AD H-Econ), 2 Years program, with several specialized and technical courses in the following five areas.
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles and Clothing
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Art & Design
- Home Management &Interior Design
The core Home Economic courses along with supporting subjects add to the professional skills and enable its students to take effective participation at home and industry.
The main objectives of Home economics are
- To help students to prepare themselves for home and family living.
- To apply knowledge of science and humanities.
- To integrate and apply knowledge from all areas of Home Economics.
- To create awareness of research for professional development.
- To prepare students for career and profession in different areas of Home Economics.
The graduates of AD Home Economics find wide acceptance in various segments of life owing to the breadth of knowledge in their studies. Some of the preferable choices of our graduates are
- Joining Furnishing brands as Interior Designer
- Joining Textile industry as Print Developers
- Joining schools as Art Teacher
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The University welcomes application from students who have successfully completed their Matric and Intermediate or equivalent examinations with at least 2nd division. More specific admission criteria is as follows
- Relevant level NTS test is also acceptable for admissions
- FSc (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.