The doctoral program is designed for individuals interested in academic careers or seeking research positions in industry, government, and consulting firms.
The PhD Management Sciences is a research-based doctoral program to produce high-quality researchers in the specialized areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Operations and Supply Chain Management. It is a full-time program that requires a high level of commitment for four to five years to complete.
The program is designed to train scholars who will be:
- knowledgeable about the latest developments on the frontiers of their scientific disciplines,
- capable of contributing to the advancement of knowledge relevant to management education and practice, and
- skillful in conveying this knowledge to students and practitioners.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
In ranking applicants, the primary consideration would be given to the candidate’s potential that is needed to succeed in the program and the level of commitment, which is required to successfully pursue it. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the doctoral program are as follow:
- MPhil/MS/BS or equivalent degree with minimum 3.0/4.0 CGPA
- No third division in academic career
- At least 80% marks in admission test
- At least 80% marks in interview
The applicant is required to submit the following documents:
- Application form
- Attested copies of official transcripts and degrees
- Statement of purpose
- Research proposal (maximum 5 pages)
- Two academic references
- A resume highlighting academic and non-academic achievements
- A copy of dissertation (if any) up to the first chapter along with the list of references