One of the most densely populated regions, Gujranwala has its own peculiarities that highlight the need of the BS Psychology Program. There is no university in the region that offers such a popular degree, catering needs of specialization in the domain of psychology. It is equally beneficial for male as well as female students. This program is designed to prepare professionals at graduate level in the disciplines of educational, organizational, clinical psychology and counseling with community development; thus, achieving the national goals of a progressive and sustainable society. It will open up many prospects of bright futures for young professionals as academicians, rehabilitation specialist, social service specialists, psychiatric technician, market researcher, probation and parole officer child care worker, case manager, career counselor content writer and they may even serve in armed forces.
Psychology is the study of human behavior, performance, and mental processes. The subject lies at the intersection of applied, educational, and theoretical science. It is an applied and theoretical human science associated with education and human development. GIFT’s bachelor degree program, in the long-run will lead students to peruse higher studies in social sciences with majors in psychology and sociology. This degree program has the capacity to perform a lead role in preparing and updating competent professionals psychologists of different fields so that they can deeply nurtured with vision and strong committed to the obligations of this profession.
The main objectives of this program are:
- To prepare young social psychologists who can play an important role to reform the society into a socially integrated society.
- To improve academic standards of young learners in this region through the generation, assimilation and dissemination of knowledge in different areas of social sciences.
- To share information and knowledge with various segments of society on different professional forums as a tool of lifelong learning and improvement in human capital.
- To make a significant and meaningful contribution towards the social and economic betterment of Pakistan through development of these human resources.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follows:
- FSc (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical).
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce.
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels).
- Minimum 45% or equivalent marks in intermediate or equivalent qualification.
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
- The students with 14 years education BA / BSc in the relevant field or equivalent securing minimum CGPA of 2.5/second division (in annual system) may be admitted in 5th (bridging) semester of the program to avail two years exemption on case to case basis.
- Relevant level NTS test is also acceptable for admissions.
Requirements towards Major
Social Science Electives