One of the most densely populated regions, Gujranwala has its own peculiarities to highlight the need of BS Psychology program, to be offered. There is no single university around, that may offer such a popular degree especially for young promising girls, who are, no doubt, in thousands. This program is designed to prepare professionals at graduate levels in the disciplines of educational, organizational, clinical psychology and counselling with community development; thus, achieving the national goals of progressive and sustainable society. It will open up a panorama of bright futures for young professionals.
Psychology is the study of human behaviour, performance, and mental processes. The subject lies at the intersection of applied, educational, and theoretical science. It is an applied and theoretical human science associated with education and human development. GIFT’s bachelor degree program, in the long-run will lead students to peruse higher studies in social sciences with majors in Psychology and Sociology. This degree program has the capacity to perform a lead role in preparing and updating competent Professionals Psychologists of different fields so that they can deeply nurtured with vision and strong committed to the obligations of this profession.
The main objectives of this program are:
- To prepare young social psychologists, who can play an important role to reform the society into a socially integrated society.
- To Improve academic standards of young learners in this region through the generation, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in different areas of social sciences.
- To share information and knowledge with various segments of society on different professional forums as a tool of lifelong learning and improvement in human capital.
- To make a significant and meaningful contribution towards the social and economic betterment of Pakistan through development of these human resources.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling with minimum of 45% score. The more specific criteria follow:
- FSc (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Requirements towards Major
Social Science Electives