One of the most densely populated regions, Gujranwala has its own peculiarities to highlight the need of BS Islamic Studies Program. Almost every family has an urge to educate its young ones with Islamic orientation. While, there is no university in the region that offers such a popular degree especially for young promising girls, who are, no doubt, in thousands. This program, in the long-run, will lead students to peruse MPhil in the discipline. This program is designed to focus educational and organizational sociology in Islamic perspective; thus, achieving the national goals of progressive and sustainable society.
This program focusses the learning of core disciplines in Islamic studies. It will lay foundation of Islamic learning; leading students to higher studies of MPhil and PhD degrees, offered at GIFT and other universities of the country. Keeping in view the key importance of core disciplines in Islamic Studies; like Qur’an, Hadith, Seerah and Fiqh, GIFT has structured the BS Islamic Studies Program as a combination of research and course work. With an experienced faculty and highly conducive environment of teaching and learning on campus, would enable the university to produce graduates possessing academic competence and problem-solving qualities.
The main objectives of the program are:
- To prepare young scholars at graduate levels in the discipline of Islamic sciences realizing the national goals of progressive and sustainable society.
- To produce young social scientists that are committed to the pursuit of excellence and are endowed with vision, courage and dedication towards society and its problems.
- Improve academic standard in this region through the generation, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in Islamic studies.
- Integrating academic, research and development activities in the larger national interest and comprehensive orientation of Islamic studies students; creating a balanced approach towards religion in modern perspective.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follows:
- FSc (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical).
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce.
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels).
- Minimum 45% or equivalent marks in intermediate or equivalent qualification.
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Relevant level NTS test is also acceptable.
Requirements towards Major
Social Science Electives