One of the most densely populated regions, Gujranwala has its own peculiarities to highlight the need of BS Psychology program, to be offered. There is no single university around, that may offer such a popular degree especially for young promising girls, who are, no doubt, in thousands. This program is designed to prepare professionals at graduate levels in the disciplines of educational, organizational, clinical psychology and counselling with community development; thus, achieving the national goals of progressive and sustainable society. It will open up a panorama of bright futures for young professionals.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology Program prepares students for careers in areas of human resources, training, management and organization development, in which they can apply psychological principles to problems that arise in a wide variety of organization settings. The importance and need of this discipline in a university studies, goes without saying. One of the most densely populated regions, Gujranwala an Industrial City has its own peculiarities to highlight the need of B.S. Industrial and Organizational Psychology program, to be offered. There is no single university around, which may offer such a popular degree especially for young promising students, who are, no doubt, in thousands. GIFT’s degree program for under-graduates, in the long-run will lead students to peruse M. Phil. in the discipline. This program is designed to prepare professionals at graduate level in the discipline of organizational and Industrial Psychology.
The main objectives of this program are:
- One of the goals of I/O Psychology Graduate programs is to help students develop a versatile skill set so they can use scientific methods to improve performance and productivity at both the employee and corporate levels.
- Students could develop an ability to problem solve critical workplace challenges faced by individuals, groups or businesses.
- To share information and knowledge with various segments of society on different professional forums as a tool of lifelong learning and improvement in human capital.
- To connect the basic principles of I/O psychology to personnel and human resources management within the organization.
- To inculcate psychology skills in young dynamic I/O psychologists of the country.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
12 Years Education with F.A. / F. Sc. securing Minimum CGPA of 2.5/ Second Division (in annual system)
Requirements towards Major
Elective Courses within major