The BS Home Economics (Interior Design) can explore their utility as
- Interior Designer In furnishing industry
- Furniture designer
- Interior designer in Media Houses
- Space planner in Event Management companies
- Exhibition designer
The main objectives of the programs are:
- To help students to prepare themselves for home and family living.
- To apply knowledge of science and humanities.
- To integrate and apply knowledge from all areas of Home Economics.
- To create awareness of research for professional development.
- To prepare students for career and profession in different areas of Home Economics.
- Demonstrate the application of principles of art and design by using skills, techniques and materials related to drawing, painting, printmaking and ceramics.
- Apply the concept of 2D, 3D and colours in interior design projects by proposing space planning, interior finishes and material, furniture and fixtures as per user’s needs.
Home Economics is a field of study and a profession that draws from a range of disciplines to achieve optimal and sustainable living for individuals, families and communities. The central focus of home economics education is the wellbeing of people. It is about becoming independent, connecting with others and taking action towards preferred futures that support individual and family wellbeing.
These main areas of study including in Bachelors of Home Economics are food and nutrition, clothing and clothing construction, housing (including interior planning and design), resource management, and family interaction. Home Economics is a field of formal study including such topics as interior design, home furnishing, cleaning, handicrafts, sewing, clothing and textiles, Commercial cooking, cooking, nutrition, food preservation, hygiene, child development, managing money, and family relationships.
GIFT University, a premier educational institution, offers Undergraduate Degree in Home Economics, BS (Hons) Home Economics, 4 Years program, with specialization in Interior Design.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- Applicants who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination with one or more Home Economics subjects with minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- Applicants who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination with science subjects (pre medical & pre engineering) with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- Applicants with BA in Arts or BA in Home Economics will be admitted to the 5th semester of the program.
- Applicants with AD Home Economics will be admitted to the 5th semester of the program
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.