The program provides:
- Strong foundation in Transportation management;
- Generates capability to concentrate in the major Transportation & logistics management;
- Develops innovative skills to handle independent tasks;
- Widens intellectual horizon to pursue further studies in the area of specialization.
Transportation management deals with the operational aspects of the five modes of transportation: air, highway, land, marine, rail, and pipeline. Logistics assumes a systems approach to a wide variety of activities such as materials handling, warehousing, traffic management, inventory control, and packaging. The major focuses on the management of transportation and logistics as an integrated supply chain system. The T&L Management offers many career opportunities. The demands of the global market place require business leaders to have a command of transportation and supply chain management. The program has a strong international component and draws on many disciplines to produce graduates with problem solving, analytical, teamwork, and communication skills.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- FSc. (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.
Courses in AD