- Strong foundation in Retail and Service Management;
- Generates capability to concentrate in the major field of market oriented service processes;
- Develops innovative skills to handle independent tasks;
- Widens intellectual horizon to pursue further studies in the area of specialization.
The aim of this two year program leading to associate degree is to prepare the students in the areas of Retailing and Service Management which is one of the most fascinating, challenging and multi-faceted environments, business students will be exposed to. The objective of the program is to provide both an understanding of the key retail strategy components as well as change the student focus from a consumer to a business manager. This will be accomplished through examining the many key functional areas within a retail business including location and market strategy, store design and layout, merchandise planning, human resources, financial strategy and customer relationships. The understanding of these functional areas will illustrate how retailers can adapt to the competitive and continually changing environment by formulating strategies, which result in profitable performance.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- FSc. (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.
Courses in AD