The program provides:
- Strong foundation in Agriculture Supply Chain Management and Post-harvest technologies;
- Generates capability to concentrate in the major areas of Agri Supply Chain Management and post-harvest technologies;
- Develops innovative skills to handle independent tasks;
- Widens intellectual horizon to pursue further studies in the area of specialization.
The aim of this two year program leading to associated degree is to prepare the students in the areas of Agriculture Supply Chain Management and Post-harvest technologies. Lack of efficient practices in the agri supply chain results in tremendous losses of agri produce. This occurs at every level of the value chain. The course enables students to understand the components of the value chain, the logistics involved, the grading-sorting-packing requirements, international standards necessary to export and the array of post-harvest technologies that will results in greater income generated and methods to reduce post-harvest losses.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- FSc. (Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical)
- Intermediate with Arts or General Science or Commerce
- Advanced Levels (A’ Levels)
- Any other equivalent grade 12 degree approved by the Ministry of Education.
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.
Courses in AD