The main objectives of the programs are:
- To enable students to communicate concepts, design solutions and arguments clearly and concisely through visual, verbal and written means.
- To nourish the design skills of a students by giving exposure the classical and contemporary design practices.
- To apply the principles of color, composition, hierarchy, typography as they relate in the digital and print media.
- To enable student to draw, sketch and illustrate the products by learning classical and contemporary work.
- To learn and practice the modern digital designing tool and develop commercially viable solutions.
- To enable students to demonstrate the ability to use design thinking strategies in print media design process.
The Graphic Design deals in developing and communicating the ideas by utilizing the art of language, picture and typography. Graphic designers are visual problem solver who uses different mediums to integrate design principals, methods, images, words and ideas. The technical, creative and conceptual skills are nourished by providing courses that emphasize theory, process and professional practice. The programs rigorous learning experience leads to designing the campaign and other print media traditional and modern solutions in creative and effective manner. The designers learn to use color, select type, manage the design process, collaborate with clients and utilize the most popular graphic software The graphic design work creates impact on economic, political, social, cultural and personal life.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed up to Grade 12 schooling. The more specific criteria follow
- Relevant level NTS test is also acceptable for admissions
- Applicants who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination with science subjects (pre medical & pre engineering) with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- Admission will be based upon the previous academic performance. Merit will be determined according to the following formula:
- Matric 20%
- Intermediate 50%
- Test 30 %
Note: The students fulfilling either of the above mentioned requirements will then be required to appear in a test designed by the University. The short listed candidates will be made to appear in an interview and students clearing that interview would be selected.