Who we are?
We are Gujranwala’s premium university offering a variety of Associate, Under Graduate, Graduate and Postgraduate Degree Programmes- that pretty much sums up who we are but that’s just where the story starts.
What do we do?
Our purpose to exist is what describes us in totality. It is to help young professionals convert knowledge into practise so that they can add to the society as quality professionals and noble human beings.
How we do it?
Every programme that we offer makes our professionals not only learn theory but also asks them to practise the theory by making projects or perform other practical activities. The course design for every programme is mixed with practical and up to date information about the respective industry and our teaching style is also designed more like professional trainings. If you are wondering why we mentioned professionals instead of students in the first sentence then we appreciate your curiosity. Reason being that at GIFT University we consider our students as professionals from day one. We believe any applicant who enrols with us is about to start his/her professional life and it is our responsibility to value their opinions and ideas as well as train them for success.
The professional world rewards specialisation and this is why GIFT University has created Schools for each industry that we deal with. Each of our Schools offer specialised knowledge, facilities and expertise for every programme on offer. There are four Schools at GIFT University which includes School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Fine Arts, Design & Architecture and GIFT Business School. Each of our School is equipped with specialised facilities that add practical experience to the programme on offer.
The right mix of practical and theoretical knowledge is what we offer through any of our courses across our Schools. The campus, curriculum, faculty, method of teaching and examination hence every aspect of the University is defined and designed to ensure it is of practical value. Some examples that better explain our focus on practicality include:
- Having our business professionals work on real business problems faced by real companies (Case Method of Study) so that they know what waits for them in the professional world
- Having our Computer Sciences professionals develop projects for various leading companies
- Getting our professionals involved with industrial projects
- Offering the Professional Development Programme to our students to help them perform better during job interviews
- Working in a close relationship with the Chambers of Commerce, NPO, Small Medium Enterprise Development Authority (SMEDA) and Gujranwala Business Centre- this has not only helped our graduates secure internships but has also helped our Corporate Relationships Department guide our young professionals to better jobs.
In addition to converting knowledge into practice and producing successful professionals we value the talent & academic performance of the students and since 2012, on average 53% of our graduates receive one of our many performance based scholarships on a yearly basis.
At GIFT University we believe that our graduates not only outshine in professional corporate world but also play their role in the betterment of the community. Social Integration Program (SIP) initiated at GIFT University is aimed to impart social and ethical values of our culture and religion in the minds of young professionals of the region.
With numerous GIFT alumni placed at leading organizations, nationally and internationally and being awarded the W4 Ranking by HEC, we believe there are many milestones awaiting in the future for us and the people of Pakistan if we do our bit to educate this nation.